Designer APPLY NOW
Los Angeles, CA
The Role of Designer
We are looking for a highly creative, experienced Designer with a passion for streetwear, who thrives in an environment that forces you to creatively challenge yourself.
This role is responsible for helping us diversify our product offerings and will primarily work with the Lead Designer / Creative Director, exploring creative approaches to garments and ideas that reflect the brand identity. Our Designer will manage the entire creative process from design, development, to final product and will primarily be based in our office in Los Angeles.
When applying, please make sure to include a copy of your resume and link to any relevant material.
- Work directly with Creative director to set direction, tone, and inspiration for upcoming collections
- Conceptualize new products and styles staying true to the MENACE brand
- Research seasonal concepts and materials and create mood boards to develop inspiration for the creation of the MENACE collection
- Pull inspiration from across various mediums and present mood boards and sourcing references for Design meetings
- Assist in the illustration and development of Calligraphy and Typography, logos, and other designs needed for garments
- Prepare rough mock drafts and present ideas for collections using CADs, silhouette's, sketches, and tech packs
- Conduct product, color, fit, and fabric research for seasonal concepts
- Begin concept and development on all categories through sketching, draping, and swatch mockups in preparation for presentation or sketch review with Creative Director
- Work with Creative Director and Manufacturers to ensure each style is executed with accuracy
- Lead fittings for development and actively participate in production fittings as needed, updating sketches and trim as required
- Successfully identify trends in men's fashion, culture, color, and consumer trend
- Sample and fabric swatch organization
- Partner with Product Development to help co-manage factory communication when needed
- Work closely with Product Development Team
- Be available to take design and inspiration trips with the Design Team
- Execute technical sketches for initial tech packs for proposed products or garments
- Work with the wash house to develop new washes
- Assisting creating line sheets, seasonal concept board, and sketching flats in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Head or participate in special projects as needed including custom garments / celebrity fittings
- Maintain a strong understanding of competitive market and landscape, along with identifying continuous opportunities for advancements in design technologies
- Meeting suppliers when necessary with design to source fabric and trim and evaluate all decoration techniques possible
- Work closely with the various departments to make sure a cohesive work-flow exists while still hitting our deadlines on all development samples
The ideal candidate is passionate about developing new products, silhouettes, and is proactive in researching new fabrics and production and design techniques. You are someone who thrives in team focused environments and are not easily discouraged from sharing ideas, even in the wake of us going in a different direction. You have a strong passion for streetwear, ideally menswear and home-goods, and a meticulous attention to detail with a strong communication skillset. Your mantra is simple: No idea is too grand and no detail is too small.
- Passion for streetwear/menswear and a strong connection with our brand identity.
- Fashion graduate, or 2 year’s experience with a comparable brand is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in the streetwear apparel industry is preferred.
- Creative thinker, concerned with high quality design & make.
- Highly proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and a general understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to sketch by hand and CAD.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and keep to strict deadlines
- Strong understanding of soft woven and polyester fabrications, properties, and categories.
- Excellent sense of color and print.
- Understanding of pattern making and/or technical packages.
- Understanding of not only conceptual design but wardrobe-based design.
- High ability to lead and direct and a proactive / can-do attitude.
- Experienced in working with suppliers & factories, preferably international suppliers.
- Deep knowledge of fabrics, production process, and performance of fit and function.
- Fluent in English - other languages are a plus.
- Willingness to engage with a diverse range of work and projects.
- This position reports to the Creative Director.
- Health insurance.
- Employee discount.
- MENACE clothing allowance.
- Paid time off.
- Growth and collaborative opportunities.
Flexible schedule, we trust our team to manage their time.
- Strong supportive/team-oriented environment.
- Mainly Monday – Friday... but if you need some inspiration then take a trip, work from home, watch a movie, or just take some time off. Whatever you have to do to get those ideas flowing. We understand.
- Our Los Angeles office location, working remotely when needed.
Application Questions (3-4 sentence answers are okay)
|||Los Angeles, CA|||Design||||||JSlQ.BK0kTdwVFy4|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false
- When do you feel most creative?
- What brands do you admire?