Creative Assistant APPLY NOW
Los Angeles, CA
The Role of Creative Assistant
We are looking for a Creative Assistant with a passion for streetwear, who is eager to learn about the fashion industry and thrives in an environment that forces you to creatively challenge yourself. This role will help us explore creative ideas for design, marketing, events, and general brand direction. The Creative Assistant will work directly with the Design and Marketing Department to assist in the development of potential ideas and will primarily be based in our office in Los Angeles.
When applying, please make sure to include a copy of your resume and link to any relevant material.
- Work closely with Designer and Creative Director exploring potential ideas for collections and marketing.
- Assist in the conceptualization of new products and styles.
- Assist in the conceptualization marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Assist in the development of Calligraphy and Typography for products.
- Assist in the development of illustrations, logos, and other designs needed for garments.
- Work independently on idea development to contribute to the overall creative process.
- Prepare rough mockup drafts and present ideas for collections using CADs, silhouette's, sketches, or tech packs.
- Pull inspiration from across various mediums and present moodboards and sourcing references for Design meetings.
- Conduct product, color, fit, and fabric research for seasonal concepts.
- Sample and fabric swatch organization.
- Partake in ideation meetings for potential marketing and social campaigns.
- Assist in photoshoots for campaigns.
- Be available to take optional design and inspiration trips with the Design Team.
- Assisting creating line sheets, seasonal concept board, and sketching flats in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Participate in special projects as needed including custom garments / celebrity fittings.
The ideal candidate is passionate about developing new products and silhouettes and is generally a creative individual. You are someone who thrives in team focused environments and are not easily discouraged from sharing ideas, even in the wake of us going in a different direction. You have a strong passion for streetwear, ideally menswear and home-goods, and a meticulous attention to detail with a strong communication skillset. Your mantra is simple: No idea is too grand and no detail is too small.
- Passion for streetwear/menswear
- Creative thinker, concerned with high quality design and make
- Fashion graduate or pursuing relevant degree is preferred, but not necessary
- 2+ years of experience in the streetwear apparel industry is preferred
- Experience with comparable brand is preferred
- Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- A general understanding of Microsoft Office
- Ability to sketch by hand and CAD
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and keep to strict deadlines
- Understanding of soft woven and polyester fabrications, properties, and categories
- Proactive / can-do attitude
- Fluent in English - other languages are a plus.
- Strong connection with our brand identity
- Willingness to engage with a diverse range of work and projects
- 12-week apprenticeship with potential to extend into a permanent role.
- This position reports to the Designer & Creative Director.
- Potential to extend into a permanent role with extended benefits including health insurance, paid time off, and a flexible schedule.
- Employee discount.
- MENACE clothing allowance.
- Growth and collaborative opportunities.
- Strong supportive and team-oriented environment.
- Our Los Angeles office location, working remotely when needed.
Application Questions (3-4 sentence answers are okay)
|||Los Angeles, CA|||Design||||||WLq1zxXLi3mcTFGr|||INTERN|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false
- When do you feel most creative?
- What brands do you admire?